Effective Date: July 6, 2016
Personal Information Defined
Browsing the Website
If You browse through the Website without entering any Personal Information, K12 Publishing will automatically gather and store certain information about Your visit. This information does not identify You personally and cannot be linked back to You unless You decide at some point to identify Yourself. If You are only browsing, K12 Publishing may collect the following information (whenever possible): IP address, domain name, the type of browser and operating system used to access the Website, the date and time You access the Website, the pages You visit (click-through), and if You linked to the Website from another website, the address of that website as well as additional information related to Your visit. K12 Publishing uses Your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer the Website.
Personal Information K12 Publishing Collects
K12 Publishing collects the following Personal Information that You submit voluntarily. Creating an Account requires You to provide K12 Publishing with Your name, e-mail address, and password of Your choice as well as your profession (e.g. teacher, tutor). After registering You may provide K12 Publishing with additional information about You as You use the Services such as:
- physical addresses
- telephone numbers
- other personally identifiable information You affirmatively provide to us
K12 Publishing does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information by anyone under the age of 13. Do not sign up for an Account if You are under the age of 13 and do not provide K12 Publishing with any information regarding any individual under the age of 13.
Use of Personal Information
Personal Information You submit to K12 Publishing, or to third parties that support us in collecting information, is used by us to provide You and other Users with the Services, to respond to requests that You make, to improve our Services, and to operate, maintain, and improve the features, functionality, performance, and support of the Services.
K12 Publishing uses the Personal Information that its gathers about You for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to You, to communicate with You about Your use of the Services, to respond to Your inquiries, which may include communicating with You via email
- To tailor the content and information that K12 Publishing may send or display to You while using the Website or the Services
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, K12 Publishing may use Your information, such as Your email address, to send You news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact You about products or information K12 Publishing thinks may interest You, including the products and services of promotional partners. K12 Publishing also may use the information that K12 Publishing learns about You to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites.
- To better understand how users access and use the Website and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, to improve the Website and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes
8. Third Party Links.
Disclosure of Personal Information
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Legal Obligation to Disclose
14. Governing Law and Venue.
Your use of the Website and this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Tennessee where permitted. Should a dispute arise concerning this Agreement or the breach of this Agreement by any party, such dispute shall be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in Williamson County, Tennessee. To the extent permitted by law, You agree that You will not bring, join or participate in any class action lawsuit as to any claim, dispute or controversy that You may have against K12 Publishing. You agree to the entry of injunctive relief to stop such a lawsuit or to remove You as a participant in the suit.
Changing Personal Information
You may change Your Personal Information (i.e., email address) by logging into Your Account and editing Your Account information. You may also request that Your Account be terminated and that Your Personal Information be deleted by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or cancelling your account online on your account dashboard. Any termination of Your account may involve deletion of Your Account information from K12 Publishing’s databases and all the information and data stored for such Account. K12 Publishing will not have any liability whatsoever to You for any termination of Your Account or related deletion of Your information.
On occasion K12 Publishing will make available to potential advertisers, research firms, and business partners aggregated results from research it has conducted regarding visitors to the Website. K12 Publishing may count, track, and aggregate visitor activity into our analysis of general traffic flows to the Website and may merge this information into group data, which may then be shared on an aggregated basis with potential advertisers, research firms, and business partners. In such case, K12 Publishing will only provide demographic information on an aggregated basis and does not disclose individual reader information.
Links to Other Web Sites
Opting Out/CAN-SPAM Act Compliance
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
Contacting K12 Publishing